When you consider all of the things that moms have on their plates, you may wonder how busy moms find time to do everything and still manage to look pretty darn good too. While moms may make it look easy, we know that it’s hard work. Finding more time in your day is a matter of cutting back on the time that your to-do list takes. Shortening your beauty routine can give you more time to care for your kids. Here are 10 tips for simplifying your beauty routine.
• Move your shower time to the evening. Morning showers may be more refreshing, but taking a shower when the kids are awake can take much longer than a shower after bedtime.
• Use a high-quality, concentrated moisturizer to keep your skin supple. These moisturizers only need to be applied once per day to ensure soft, healthy skin.
• If you like to wear nail polish, apply a clear coat every other day to make manicures last longer. It takes only a few minutes to complete, and you do not have to worry about making an appointment for a manicure or spending lots of time on your nails on a daily basis.
• Use blotting papers to keep your face looking flawless all day. Moms who have especially oily skin can get rid of the unsightly shine by dabbing a blotting paper on their face during a quick bathroom break.
• Ditch the daily shampooing. It is actually healthier for your hair if you shampoo it just once or twice a week. If you cannot stand the oily feel, comb in some dry shampoo between washes.
• Make it a point to make beauty appointments at a salon on a regular basis. Book your appointments in advance, and do not cave into the temptation to cancel. You deserve to spend some time and money on yourself!
• Let your hair air dry. Even if you shower in the morning, you can leave your hair wet as you run errands.
• Splurge on eyelash extensions. Eyelash extensions give you thick, beautiful lashes without the need for mascara which can cut the time it takes to apply makeup in half.
• If you are dealing with a few gray hairs, cover them up fast with mascara that matches your hair color. This temporary fix is perfect for those times when you notice gray hairs right before running out the door.
• Use baby wipes to remove your makeup at the end of a long day. You probably already have wipes on hand for your kids, and you can keep a package of wipes in your nightstand for those long days when you just want to fall into bed.
Simple beauty routines can take the hassle out of your day without sacrificing looking great. Finding ways to simplify is the easiest way to add more time to your day so you can out and enjoy.